On Thanksgiving Eve, we provide you even more tips on how to celebrate:
- Eat. Eat. Eat. Thanksgiving is time to give thanks for everything in your life and celebrate with your friends and family. Of course along with this comes Thanksgiving itself which includes all the delicious food. When you’re thinking, “Should I eat that piece of pie?” The answer is always a resounding YES. You don’t get that homemade apple or pumpkin pie in your dorm room or in that house you have with you 10 best guy friends who barely know how to work the microwave. Eat it. Savor it. Then thank your relative that made that pie and maybe they will send you back to school with the rest of the pie so you can survive finals week.
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. This is a historic parade and forces you to get up on Thanksgiving. You can watch whatever pop star is singing on that one float you think looks ridiculous and just laugh at it with your family. You’re never going to remember what float looked like a giant bird or which balloon made a world record, but you will remember watching it with your family. So set those 5 alarms and just get up.
- Take a chill pill. You will get to that family gathering and be bombarded with questions like, “How have you not met a nice boy yet?”, “So what are you going to do with your life?”, or even “So what major is it this time?”. Learn to just take it in stride. Just get up and look out your window or just sit by yourself for a few minutes over the break and just think. Your relatives may ask you annoying and personal questions but just relax. It’s just one day and they won’t ask you again until the next holiday. Sooooo Christmas.
- Watch that TV show that you have been dying to watch. You have been dying to watch this one show on Netflix and you finally have a few hours to start. DO IT. Finals week is not the week to start this and you know you want to… Indulge. Watch that show and just have the laziest few hours you can. It’s Thanksgiving after all, enjoy it. After eating that big meal all you want to do is sit on the couch anyways.
- Do that thing with your family even though you don’t really want to. We all have those family outings that you don’t exactly want to go to and usually can get out of. Don’t. Just go. You may take something as simple as this for granted now, but in the years to come these stupid, little things will be what you remember. Take that extra hour to spend with your family. Go see that god awful movie that your mom wants to see or watch “Duck Dynasty” with your dad. They will appreciate it more than you know. Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for what you have. Show it to the ones you love.
And for what you should do with your Thanksgiving leftovers…
Enjoy the holiday!