So I have a ticket – what now?
- Students with tickets to tonight’s event with should arrive by the noted start time – 7:30PM.
- Late entry cannot be guaranteed.
- Approximately 10-15 minutes after the start of the event, entry will be granted to those in the standby line, first come first serve, until capacity is reached.
- Those arriving with tickets after capacity is reached will politely be declined entry to the event. You may choose to consider the live stream option in the Conference Theater if you would like (see below).
- If you are arriving late due to class, work, etc. – unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will be granted admission after the 7:30PM start time.
Ugh – I am ticketless… Give me options!
Live Stream Option:
- We are going to live stream tonight’s event to the U.S. Bank Conference Theater in the Union. That means we will be able to provide a live feed of what’s happening in the ballroom to the projector in the Conference Theater.
- We will NOT be “recording” the lecture – it’s just relaying what’s happening in the ballroom to the Conference Theater.
- The lecture will NOT be streamed online anywhere. Again – not recording.
- Those interested in watching the ‘live stream’ should still meet the criteria – current OSU students only with a valid BuckID.
- The line may not begin forming for the Conference Theater until at least 5PM.
- We will offer a ‘Standby Line’ for those interested in attending the event who either do not have tickets or who have lost them.
- Admission to the event from the standby line is NOT and CANNOT be guaranteed. First come, first serve until capacity in the ballroom is reached.
- The standby line is only for current OSU Columbus-campus students with a valid BuckID. You should have a BuckID with them
- The line will be in the U.S. Bank Conference Theater BUT it will be a separate line from those who just wish to watch the lecture and don’t want to consider the standby line option.
- The Standby Line does not begin until 5PM.
Other Random (Yet useful) Information
I have a ticket. What time can I get in line for the event? We would ask you to line up no earlier than 4PM.
What time are doors? Doors are anticipated to open at 6:00PM. The event begins at 7:30PM.
All tickets are general admission, first come first serve.
Guests MUST present their BuckID at the door.
Will there be a photograph/autograph line? No.
Photography/Videography – This is not permitted at any time either in the ballroom or in the Conference Theater during the live stream.
Will there be a Q&A? – Yes. Students/guests can write their questions on a notecard and submit them to a box/basket set on the stage until right before the event. OUAB volunteers will be selecting the questions and asking them to James.