In this 2014 dramatic comedy, Bill Hader and Kristin Wiig play the roles of estranged twins who are given the opportunity to mend their relationship due to unexpected events. The film will have you laughing until you cry, but will also pull at your heartstrings as the film delves into serious life issues.
Before you join OUAB for Flicks for Free this Wednesday, January 21, here are some fun facts and the trailer to get you excited for this week’s showing of Skeleton Twins!
- Anna Farris was cast in the lead role as Maggie, but was replaced by Kristen Wiig.
- The movie was shot in 22 days!
- While filming, Bill Hader had an allergic reaction when eating chocolate filled with peanut butter.
- The scene in the dentist office is improvised.
- This is Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader’s fourth film together.
- The ring tone on Kristen Wiig’s phone is the theme song to the show Growing Pains.
Flicks for Free is a weekly FREE event! Come watch Skeleton Twins with us, eat FREE popcorn and drink FREE sodas. Flicks for Free showings are at 6pm and 8:30pm in the US Bank Conference Theater of the Ohio Union. We hope to see you there!
Written by Amanda Askari, a senior in the Special Events Committee studying Speech and Hearing Science