When your alarm goes off in the morning, the first thing you do is check your phone. Not just to do your morning ritual of checking Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (if you’re a real person), and/or Pinterest (if you’re that big of a procrastinator like I am), but also to check if school has been canceled/what the weather is like. UGH.
Unfortunately, everyone needs to put their big girl/boy undies (flannel preferably) on and go to class. Here are some tips though to keep you OUABundled Up!
Da Wardrobe. Bless your heart if you’re from Southern California because you probably didn’t know they made clothes specifically for this white stuff that falls from the sky. But don’t worry, I still see people born and raised in Ohio slipping and falling out there all the time.
1. Coats. Not the ones made from tissue paper that Victoria Secret sells.
2. Snow Boots. And I ain’t talking about riding boots, like real winter snow boots. These are great for truckin’ in the snow as they have great traction.
3. My favorite…the socks. There’s nothing like putting on a warm pair of fuzzy socks. Guys don’t worry, yours don’t need to be fuzzy. The longer the better though.
Music to make you feel all warm inside. Some good toons always make my walk to class a bit more bearable. What kind of music do you like? Let me guess, “I like a little bit of everything.” Well perfect! Then you’ll definitely like these.
1. Beyonce. Enough said. We have a Queen B themed Karaoke Night this Thursday in Woody’s Tavern at 8:30pm, so don’t miss it. Unleash your inner diva and prove what you got!
2. Big Sean. Here’s an OUAB Welcome Week Concert throwback. Take a listen to his newly released album, you’ll be wanting to get up on yo feet
3. Jon Bellion. Besides him being extremely easy on the eyes, his sound is a mix of rap and contemporary pop. Were you able to see him this past weekend? Hope so. The show was killer!
Netflix. Netflix. Netflix. So, for those who have a professor that was sent from the heavens and does decide to cancel class…I think we all know why you’ll be opening your laptop and that definitely isn’t to get ahead (but if it is, props to you). Here are some shows that if you haven’t started, you probably should. I apologize in advance.
1. House of Cards. So season 3 was released. You better start binge watching to catch up. If you were lucky enough to have seen Robin Wright when OUAB brought her last semester, then you already have a sneak preview of what you’ll be in store for.
2. How I Met Your Mother. I know…classic, but they’re only 20 minutes so you don’t have to feel as guilty…right? Fun fact though, did you know OUAB brought Josh Radnor (Ted Mosby)? Yes, we’re pretty OUABaller.
3. Orange is the New Black. OUAB brought the real Piper Kerman last year, so why not reminisce on the events and encourage the procrastination with Netflix even more.
Written by Jessica Salzar, a fourth year studying Industrial Systems Engineering on the Concerts Committee